Friday, January 1, 2010

Preview of Coming Attractions

Happy New Year!

I haven't posted in while, but not for a lack of interesting birds. Just the opposite: I've been all over and managed to find fun stuff just about everywhere. But...since most of my traveling involved either multiple connecting flights during the holiday rush or road trips with overnight stops in numerous random places, I chose to leave my camera behind.

Glenn, however, got some great shots that I plan to post and brag about once we finally get home.

In brief, we traveled from north-central Florida (home)to southern California, then to northern California, then back to Southern California, then back to Florida, this time the Space Coast area. And here are some of the highlights of our trip (in no particular order):

-Vermilion Flycatcher
-Masked Duck
-Common Goldeneye
-Burrowing Owl
-Painted Bunting
-Northern Gannet

And not all of these showed up where one would expect, either.

Details to follow. And all the best for a peaceful, prosperous, and bird-filled 2010!

2 comments:

R.Powers said...

Happy New Years!

Felicia said...

And a happy new year to you and yours, too!